Sunday, March 22, 2009

the art of carrying things

When I was 12 or 13 I heard that fashion models learned good posture by walking with a book on their head. My one small effort towards a career as a fashion model was the 5 mintues I spent trying to walk with a book on my head. I decided quickly that it was ridiculous to try because the tops of our heads aren t flat. Now, humbled, I am filled with admiration for these ladies who constantly carry enormous weight on their heads with such grace, and very good posture. I have checked, and their heads are no flatter on top than ours.















This lady is tying a case of beer to her small son s back with a sweater .... resourceful









On the right, a couple of young boys carrying firewood down a very steep mountain road.

No comments: